Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Druids, Quakers and Wiccans, Oh MY!

Is Mercury in retrograde or something? Seems everybody I know, here in the Hold and out there in blogland, is suffering from something or another. My eye was bothering me so badly last night I got no ( I mean zero, nada, absolutely zilch) sleep at all and had to call out. I gave up and dosed myself with a sleeping pill in the morning just to catch a few short hours of shut eye before I went bonkers. Tomorrow I finally see the eye doctor who is hopefully going to rid me once and for all of this damned irritant beneath my eyelid! Either that or I'm going to be publishing this blog with crayon from a softly padded, undisclosed location........

Then, tonight, THE Wife comes home from work with yet ANOTHER headache, for which I have to give her an injection of Imetrix. It seems to be working but I wonder what she's supposed to do once it wears off? She swears this latest series of headaches has nothing to do with her shoulder, for which she's gotten botox treatments, but then, if not, what is?

Reading my favorite blogs, I find we are not alone by any means. Anne, my favorite Druid of "The Gods Are Bored" fame, has a bad hip which is going to be operated on at (I shudder to think of it) a CATHOLIC hospital! Please rush right over there and leave her your very best wishes, along with any shielding magik you can weave in her favor. She'd do the same for you! Wouldn't you, Anne? Anne? ANNNNNNEEEEE.................

My favorite pagan Quaker (or Quaker pagan, not sure how that works exactly) Citizen of The World, has had her own share of migraines and has been suffering miserably for a while now. Still, she soldiers on and does what needs be done. Go visit her heroic site, now laden with awards, and lend her some encouragement as well. Tell her a sleep-deprived Wiccan sent you.

The Buffalo and Homo Escapeans seem to be doing OK, which I attribute to being on the Northern side of the border. That should tell ya something right there......

Everybody on my blog list over there >>>>>> are wonders in their own rights, or they wouldn't be there. I'm picky that way. I have an eye for talent, and if I give them the nod, you can be assured that you are visiting a quality site that is low in calories, high in nutrients, and downright satisfying to the soul.

Ok, I took another Ambien, am crossing my fingers, and hope I can get some sleep tonight. Wish me luck, guys, wish ALL of us luck, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It's all good - or at least not worth bitchin' about. I'll save it for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us hope ya get it all sorted aye.......or should that be eye?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I'm touched. Maybe there was something freaky going on cosmically. Or maybe we're ll just getting old. I'm all better now, hope you are soon, too.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions