Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Dervish came down from Georgia.......

Well, the wild and wooly weekend is just about over. THE Wife's BGF is back home in Georgia, it's raining off and on outside, and we are finishing off the night with a movie, "Pan's Labyrinth".

I took friday off so that I could help THE Wife get the place looking as if we actually spent time keeping it looking neat and clean, and before the day was over, it actually was. Then SHE arrived, the Georgian banshee in the purple PT Cruiser. The women of the house LEAPT into her arms while I watched from a safe distance, and thus began the weekend of feminine gossip, tall tales and debauchery, which included ample amounts of alcohol and ..................yea, lots of alcohol.

I am fortunate to have spent the last 13 years pretty much outnumbered by women, either at work or at home, thus I was fairly well inoculated from the damage wrought by getting ganged up on by these three. Hell, I even sorta enjoyed the attention, even if it was mostly at my expense. Still, maybe I need to find me some "fishing buddies" for times such as these. (Who says ya HAVE to go "fishing", anyway?)

And now the garden report, and it isn't all good. The girl friend brought with her some much-needed rain, which all gardens love, but it seems the pests have discovered our succulent veggies and two of our tomato plants, with fruit no less, decided to up and wilt on us. They just collapsed upon themselves and we have no idea why, since there was no damage from insects on the effected plants. I went to the store and got two new disease-resistant replacements along with some fish emulsion to fertilize everything with. I have my fingers crossed.

Also, I decided to get to work on the arbor entrance to the shade garden/sacred space and at about 90% finished, I think it looks pretty nice, if I say so myself. I know THE Wife sure likes it and will paint it next weekend.





And that's what's going on at Pendragon Hold, our little acre of sand just off the beaten path. Blessed Be!

3 comments:

  1. No gardening tips from me.

    It does sound as though a good time was had by all and a good time ain't a bad thing.

    Pan's Labyrinth is a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well alcohol is never a good mixture when those 2 are involved. But it had to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the veggies. Miy garden got delayed because of travelling, but they are going in the ground this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions