Tuesday, May 13, 2008

These Pipes Are CLEAN!!!!!!


Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow Bloggers and friends, I have survived my first colonoscopy, and save the fates playing some really cruel trick on me, I have been given a clean bill of health! There WERE two small polyps (which were duly removed and shipped off to the experts in these kinds of things) but the innards Doc is pretty sure they were innocent bystanders (benign).

Being versed in these kinds of things due to working in a Critical Care Unit, I insisted on being dosed with Propophal versus Versaid, the one flat knocking you out while the other only putting you into a "twilight" state, which induces amnesia but allows you to experience the "experience", which I didn't care to experience, TYVM. However, I discovered something about that milky white stuff I wasn't prepared for, and that was the extreme pain I felt as it entered my veins. Now, to their credit, the anesthesiologist HAD fed me some lydocain first and mixed with the sedative, but it seems I am highly sensitive to the stuff and it wasn't enough to save me some extreme discomfort before it knocked me out cold. Other than that, I suppose it was a really fun party, because I awoke afterwards none the worse for wear or embarrassment for having several strangers explore the wonders of my nether regions.

If you are over fifty as are THE Wife and I, GET YOURS AND GET IT NOW. Believe me, it's nothing compared to the world of hurt you will be in if something nasty decides to grow in your bowels and you catch it to late.

Now, I do HAVE to admit that there is ONE nasty little something one must do before the day of the deed. You have to drink some truly evil liquid which doesn't taste all that good which promptly flushes everything your guts ever contained out and FAST!

But, I have experienced worse things in life.

I think.

Anyway, I leave you tonight with the following. May it take your mind off the pictures I painted for you....grin.

4 comments:

  1. Suppose it is something I will have to consider if I ever get back to the U.S.

    Good on you for having the test and good on you for writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La la la, not listening! At any rate, I've got some years before i have to worry about it. But glad ot hear your healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo!
    I usually expect Dinner and a Movie before someone does that to me but whatever floats yer boat.

    I got my mail in GROSS smear test in the mail and I am making preparations for the probe..


    lydocane MMMMMMMM GOOD
    Once upon a time I thrived on experiencing things that I wasn't really experiencing and learned nothing from the experience.
    I syill talk about them as if they were the experience of a lifetime.

    Are You Experienced
    ((waa waa waa))
    Go Jimi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG michael! Considering what I went through recently I can relate to being explored by strangers... but I must admit that my anesthesiologist was totally HOT!

    Would you talk to my husband about getting this done? PLEASE!!!

    BTW...Rug Cat is hot too!

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions