Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life and Death in the Day of a Life........

I ventured into this day quite prepared for what I had already been forewarned, that I would take on this day and it's attendant tasks by my lonesome. Whatever had conspired to bring about this dread of a day, it truly mattered not, as I had been introduced most numerous times to this same sort of abandonment with it's harvest of harsh labors. I had, and would, conquer this beast yet again.

And I did. On this day, two souls departed within minutes of each other, while yet a few souls, much more the better for having known our company, made it out of our care and into the bosom of those caregivers on the more common floors above us. Both of them left me with some sort of gratitude, uninvited, yet held to as firmly as the highest accolades, for small victories such as these are our feasts amongst this famine of good health.

And it did leap upon me that I would organize a collection of a common assortment of those small pleasures that a young man might find refreshing should he find himself in a far-flung and hostile place, a warrior I also considered a man of peace and equally my friend. I will ask of some kind considerations for roughly a week, then gather up these offerings and with postal assist deliver them to him, with our and my thanks for his service. It would gladden me greatly to have received the same in his circumstance.

In my efforts I have scored accolades, and I enjoy them appropriately, for I know what I am capable of, and deliver what value it may impart to those that deserve it. I am a man who waited long and pined for such kind words, and in this instance, I am grateful, and I will continue to prove I am worthy. Karma demands no less.

Having won this day with no injury that I am aware of, I arrive home in the company of a wife to the bleating of hungry goats and decide that I am not so tired nor is it so late that I cannot relieve them of this hunger, which is brought upon them because of my obligations to employment and the hours they cost me. They did eat fully and sleep tonight with bellies well attended. On the morrow I intend to release them upon the weeds, and will delight in their voraciousness, as goats demonstrate so well. The fire ant mound, however, that I stumble upon in my yard, one of such great proportions even I am awed, does not entertain any such charity on my part and has suffered a sprinkling of a powder that will deliver their doom. All of us indeed are Mother Gaia's creatures, but some less than others, I must confess.

I pray that this delivery of a day's happenings have not aggravated, but have entertained, your eyes that feed upon this page in such charitable regularity. Having enjoyed the music of dialogue which an episode of "Dead Wood" has so entertained me, I could not help but to venture that such a painting of same said words upon THIS page might provide an equal helping of mirth you might find pleasing. If not, you may stand and deliver your condemnations as you wish, but I will not regret for having tried this once to flavor this page with something different.

Thus, a blessed greeting is given all who come here, for your visitations slake this thirst most heartedly, and I wish for you all nothing but the best that can come your way.

9 comments:

  1. Sir, I find in your essay much that is admirable and felicitous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how to respond, it was a little confusing to say the least. A little much to wrap my brain around at this late (early) hour after having worked all evening. Steve thinks your cheese has slid off your cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself stuck to the computer wanting more. I dont know why ? Strong work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whiskey-tango-foxtrot-are you tryin' to convey here soldier? Do you need air support or toilet paper?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! The comments are as amusing as the post.

    Welcome to the American Patriot Institute, Michael. Please stop by the API website at your earliest convenience.

    http://theamericanpatriotinstitute.blogspot.com/

    Happy Independence Day, Brother.

    d.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more thing I forgot to mention. Please send me a current e-mail address so that I can send out your invitation to post at the API.

    My address is 52hammer@gmail.com

    Thanks,

    d.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed it except you didn't say the eff-word once! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'll be fucked; you're right, Kindness!

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions