Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cowboys and Indians

Momma Moon is bright in the sky tonight, almost full but not quite. THE Wife and the Offspring is arranging a shell collection on a table while a PBS special concerning health and wealth plays in my background. It's your average Friday night at Pendragon Hold and we are OFF this weekend!

It's been pretty interesting around here since our last post. I spoke to my Aunt Pat (I think for the first time ever) via Skype video chat and discovered two things about our family tree, one distressing, the other redemptive. (Pat has been researching our family and has done an amazing job so far) First, it seems that the Bush dynasty (yes, THOSE Bushes) are somewhere deep in the our foliage. I am seriously considering suing those people for tainting my ancestry! However, I am VERY proud to announce that I am also a direct descendant of none other than POCOHONTAS! Yep, that's right, folks, I'm related to the clueless indian girl who thought white people were kinda cool, saved one of them from certain death, and ended up helping the white race ruin a beautiful neighborhood.

Well, this is all fascinating, I'm sure, but I'm convinced that most people, using the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" theory, are related in some way to just about everybody. So, I don't have to blame anybody in particular for sharing our genes with the most idiotic president in American history.........shit happens.

THE Wife's long lost best girlfriend in the whole wide universe will be visiting us sometime in May, and I am praying to any heathen Gods who will listen to please blind my neighbors to any strange noises or goings-on which might make them think the cops need to be informed. Even though I am SURE that there will be LOTS of strange noises and goings-on occurring.

It also turns out that the Cousin Tammy I rediscovered is NOT the Cousin Tammy I thought I was re-familiarizing myself with. After much in-depth discussions complete with confusion and weirdness, it turns out that I happen to have TWO identically named Cousin Tammy's, and it seems I have met Cousin Tammy number TWO for the first time. Boy, THAT sure cleared things up real good!

Well, it's late, so I will save this till tomorrow and post it then, so that you'll have something to read over the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. How in the hell could she trace your roots back that far? I can go back to one set of great grandparents and then it is a stone wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sveral family members on both sides who are into genealogy, so I have foundall sorts of interesting ancestors. Good and bad. I've decided it doesn't make much sense to feel either pride or embarassment - it just is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Pocahontas had any children. You should come to Virginia and ask for return of your ancestral lands. You'd get some plum real estate.

    As for the other family connection, I wouldn't brag about that one. If anyone has ever stuck close to the shallow end of the gene pool, it's Dubya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just goes to to show you that you can be related to a lame duck and not be of the same ilk. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Mitochondrial Eve we are all related if you go back about 150,000 years...then everything gets a little wonky.

    Sorry to hear about your DNA HAHAHAHA! sorry, atleast it wasn't Cheney!!...

    Pocahontas is pretty cool though...
    trusting soul and peacemaker.

    If everybody had their DNA researched..and Corporations are trying to patent it as we speak...
    then maybe all of those assholes would stop trying to kill each other if they knew that they were related...who knows, maybe a Hatfield might even marry a McCoy.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions