Monday, April 14, 2008

My Rights can beat up Your Rights.......

People who are used to freedom, in all it's strange and wonderful guises, like to invite the world in general to come and take something they hold dear from them. Charleton Heston decided that the "they", which I took to be the Federal Government, of the United States, that is, would have to pry his musket from his cold, dead fingers. Yep, he held up a musket at the NRA convention and proclaimed that NOBODY had the balls to take it from him, thanks to the......ah.......whatever amendment it was that allows a well-regulated militia. Well, I kinda wonder why any man would be so rabidly worried about being able to possess a relic like a muzzle loading, flintlock-actuating firearm that isn't all that convenient to reload. Me, I prefer a nice, modern semi-automatic rifle with a magazine, so that if I miss the first time I get an almost instant second chance to bring home the bacon.

I personally have a small semi-auto pistol for home defense, and I don't go around waving it at the general public inviting any of them to come take it from me. I figure if ever comes the day that the constitution of the United States actually suffers a major overhaul and the Feds come banging on my door demanding I turn it over, well, I will invite them in to see how many I can take with me before THEIR automatic weapons take me down. Until then, I quietly enjoy my right to bear arms for personal protection, but I don't hunt, and I don't do drive-by's. And I don't pay dues to the NRA so that they can protect my right to own a thermonuclear warhead if I so choose. Seems every philosophy has it's extremes.

Another freedom we all CLAIM to love the hell out of is our freedoms concerning religion. What's really hilarious is how THIS little nugget is interpreted by some people. Those are the ones who think it gives them carte-blanch to shove THEIR own personal brand of belief down my throat if I want to claim to be an American. Actually, I can rightfully and logically claim that THEY are anti-American by even mentioning who they worship and why out in the public forum where the secular rule of law is supposed to protect us from Mullahs and preachers and priests who want to rule the world in the name of THEIR god and no one else's. I have several choice words for people of this mindset, and that is GO FUCK YOURSELVES. If this sentiment bothers any of you reading this due to your religious beliefs, don't worry, I'm sure YOUR deity will send me to roast in hell when I die. I'm sure that will make you feel all warm inside.

So how about Freedom of speech? I am practicing that one like mad right now and I love how the kinds of things I write really piss some people off. As long as there is an unabridged Constitution of the United States of America, you can bet I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of that right till the day I die. Many of you God-fearing, patriotic Americans will froth at the mouth denouncing me for my un-American sentiments, and in practicing YOUR freedom of speech, will make my point for me, which if you had any shred of intelligence, would REALLY piss you off. Ironic, isn't it?

What really amazes me is that we will elect a president utilizing this amazing system of government we have, who will promptly do everything in their imagined power to try and make themselves King and try to dismantle the constitution which makes this country, arguably, that "shining city on the hill" that oppressed peoples throughout the world have died trying to get to in order to realize their dreams. This last president should have proven to the American people just how fragile our rights are when we are frightened into allowing them to be diluted to the point of being meaningless. Enlightened and learned individuals can attempt to illuminate the truth of this cancer in our midsts all they want, but this kind of illness thrives on ignorance and complacency, which we have no shortage of these days despite a once heralded educational system that has now fallen into disrepair and disrepute.

Politicians and power brokers of the Cheney and Rove variety COUNT on the total lack of common sense and sophistication that is the hallmark of their constituency, encouraging their education from the pulpit rather than the school text, so that all these good, God-fearing sheep they so skillfully herd and manipulate will keep them in power and rich beyond all need. Every president should have his own personal Bin Laden to help keep the frightened masses in line. Why not? Every "Bin Laden" has his own personal "satan", aka president of the United States, to keep HIS minions lining up to put on the suicide vests. At this rate, the depopulation of the Middle East should coincide just nicely with the total collapse of Western "civilization".

That's my contribution to the soapbox for awhile. Next I'll be discussing why perhaps we should replace the Pope with an oil company executive.

8 comments:

  1. Don't under-estimate a muzzle loader. With some practice you can get off 6 shots a minute - although I never was that fast.

    Good piece, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lordy Michael, you're on a tear today aren't you? What set this off? Not that I'm against what you are saying, because you say what is on my mind better than I can most times. You just seem so vehement today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, vehement? LOL.....Dear, I'm just a tender little teddy bear who stays that way by releasing a little steam now and then. It's those who can't vent their frustrations in a fashion such as this that end up visiting post offices with no intention of mailing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't own a gun, because the first person I would shoot is myself, because I can't toast a piece of bread without burning my finger, that's how bad I am with technology. A gun is way, way past my level of expertise. It's a good day if I can use the electric toothbrush without boring a new hole in my sinuses.

    Having said that, I recognize that gun ownership is protected by the U.S. Constitution, as is the right to call the president a moron. So keep up the good work, dearie, and I'll save you a piece of pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I lived in the States I would have a Browning M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun to protect my home and it's contents...
    those are suh-weet!

    Here in Canada I am forced to use sarcasm and hockey sticks.

    See you in hell mofo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, but don't you know? It's only the SUPERVISORS that the postal employees go to kill. (The other employees are collateral damage) I can understand that totally, as I lived with a PE for 10 years. Folks used to ask me, during the 'gone postal' era, if I was scared. Nah, they only kill their supervisors!

    Vent away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you practice your right to freedom of speech you never make me mad... you always make me :)

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions