Monday, September 15, 2008

Attack of The Killer Butterflies

Hello and welcome to the Chronicles of Pendragon Hold, that place in the Florida Sun that somehow manages to dodge killer hurricanes without moving even so much as an inch! Now that I said that, the biggest storm ever conceived by man has just been kicked off by some butterfly in Africa.........sigh.......

Now wait a second! It just occurred to me......if hurricanes are born of the flutter of a mere BUTTERFLY in Africa, then why not do what we are SO DAMN GOOD at doing, and wipe out all the butterflies, and butterfly-like insects in that continent? I mean, c'mon people, these little bastards are OBVIOUSLY a national security threat, which justifies us using our military to dust that entire region with powerful insecticides and thus putting an end to that threat altogether!

Thank the Gods those geniuses in Washington never actually read what I write.....

THE Wife's shoulder pain has returned to her in a bad way, although she seems to think that it might not actually be originating in the same nerve plexus that she's been getting botox injections in to try and control her misery. But then again, her last treatment might HAVE already worn off which means she might could be already building up a resistance to the toxin. If any of you readers out there happen to be pagan and practice magic, I would sure appreciate any work you can do to help her. She seems to think that the old axiom "physician, heal thyself" doesn't apply to witches, and I'm not up to snuff in the confidence OR faith department to trust my own untested abilities in that area.

I finally, FINALLY received the flea treatment drugs I ordered more than a week ago for phase TWO of our battle against the fleas. I noticed on the package the words AUSTRALIA, which go a long way explaining why it took so long to get. I don't remember the website mentioning where this business was located. Well, NOW, I have treated the inside cat and have just dusted all the throw rugs and other carpet like items with a flea-killing carpet freshener. Maybe we will finally get ahead of these little bastards and save Shiloh more itchy misery.

Last night, I think I finally slept WELL for once, waking sometime around 7 AM vs the 4 AM in the morning that has been my horrible reality of late. I am trying to cut back on the rum, only having one or two no later than dinner time, and I will try to cut out the half an Ambein during my days off when I can actually afford to possibly lose some sleep for not having taken the damn pill. Wish me luck, or at the very least, visit me in the loony bin if my efforts don't work.

Well, other than that, nothing much is happening today. The car is still running, although I still have that check-engine light mystery I have to solve. I'll get the code read again tomorrow when I take THE Wife to lunch at Panara's, which is our biweekly tradition. We like to split their TWO-FER special, her getting the salad, me half a sandwich or a bowl of soup. It's a Great deal and Panara is sooooo GOOD!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your wife's pain has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've set some kind of record. It has been well over 2 years since I had a drink of rum - or any alcohol. Can't say that I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only helpful advice I can offer here is on cat fleas. I've had great success with Advantage and Frontline -- those liquids you squirt on kitty's skin between her shoulder blades. These meds seem to suck up the fleas from the carpet and everything else, because they keep biting the host and then get more than they bargained for. Downside: costly.

    The only witchy solution I've ever found for pain and insomnia is regular treatments in the bath house at Berkeley Springs, WV. Since I live so far from there, I'm often sleepless and in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say? The flea stuff must have come the wrong way round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micheal, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new layout and header! Very wild!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that butterfly must have really been flapping his wings~~we even got some storms here in arkasas~~dad fell and broke his hip saturday morning and the power was lost at the hospital~~his surgery got postponed for several hours~~i came home yesterday to get some rest and decided to catch up on reading my favorite blogs that i have been missing~~going back to NLR tomorrow and hopefully we will find a rehab that accepts dialysis patients before we bring dad and his broken hip home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second the Advantage/Frontline.
    We use either of these exclusively on our 'pits, and here in Africa we have some ferocious pests.
    No, they're not butterflies.
    I'd love to suggest some work in the sushumna column for you wife's pain, but I hesitate to without knowing more.
    I'm bad at pain, not having any of the physical stuff, myself.Probably because I'm more than paid up on other levels .

    Love,
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions