Thursday, September 25, 2008

THE Nerve!

THE Wife went in for her nerve-conduction test today, and BINGO, the fancy-smancy high tech electronic thingy says that no, her symptoms are not all in her head. It seems that, according to the test, something actually IS impinging upon a nerve somewhere in her neck/shoulder/pencil-neck chakra, which hopefully her neurologist will be able to pinpoint with the MRI he sent her earlier this week to have. You know what an MRI is, doncha? It's a Money Removal Instrument..........

At any rate, it seems that this latest bout of bad body language probably has nothing to do with her Botox injections wearing off or anything; just more shit falling apart as her beautiful body ages. With any luck, it will be something somebody somewhere can do something about. We have the most advanced, sophisticated health care system in the world, so I am confident that they will ultimately charge us a whole lot of money to tell us they can't do anything about it. I love modern medicine!

Then again, I could be wrong. Goddess, make me eat my words...PLEASE!

Damn, I came perilously close to ranting there......gotta watch myself........

The weather here at Pendragon Hold was.....how can I say this in such a way as to impart the full impact of the experience........hmmmm......OK, here goes nothing.....

IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

Low 80's, low humidity, no rain, no wind.......just flat out NICE! I could get USED to this!

As for me, I just put iTunes on "party shuffle" and puttered around the house, doing whatever HAD to be done, while Mavis Staples, Bob Marley, Metallica, The Beatles, U2, John Mayer, Elton John, Barenaked Ladies, Fritz Jung, and a whole host of other artists kept me entertained. The goats got tied out, the laundry got done, dinner is ready to pop into the microwave, and the dishes are washed. And lest you think NOTHING of any consequence happened here at the Hold, I did chat with my good friend Paul who slaves away over at some college in Arizona. Anybody else who cares to chat with little old me are more than welcome to log onto Yahoo and yell at me whenever you get so utterly bored that even THAT would be preferable to what you'd be faced with otherwise. Just ask me for the address and I'll hook you up.

Thus ends another post about another boring day here at Pendragon Hold, where gargoyles run amok, goats eat out often, and dark clothes are never washed in hot water. Yes, we men are capable of doing laundry right, we just would rather not do it at all...........

3 comments:

  1. Michael, how does a nerve-conduction test work? I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up here it would take 3 to 6 months before a non-emergency MRI could be scheduled.

    Keeping good thoughts the problem is minor and can be easily fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been just gorgeous over here too. Same weather, times about 4 days gone and 4 more or so to go. Sunny, 80's in the day, we actually had 56° this am. Low humidity, low dew points (51° this am). We're sleeping with our windows open and a blanket on the bed! It's heavenly. I'm lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions