Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Because of Eddy

My friends, I have been humbled. It was nice to see the comments trickle in lamenting my decision to go to ground for awhile, but this last one, well, if I were the type of pansy-ass metrosexual that would allow such a ridiculous thing, I would have almost shed a tear. This is the comment sent in by my good friend, Eddy, who is in Iraq now dodging IED's and insurgents in an effort to protect us from THEM. You DO know who THEM are, right? Neither do I...........



Eddy has left a new comment on your post "Sabbatical":

I got one for you. DRINK WATER DRIVE ON!! Come on man your my only contact with the civilian side. I barely even get to talk to my family because of the seven hour time difference.
This hell they like to call Iraq does not allow for outside newspapers, so your my only good insight into what's happening. I don't trust the news on the internet, and the Star newspaper is completely military bias.
I understand every good writer as to take a break and recollect his thoughts. Luckily I know you well enough to know that this wont be too long, but just long enough to come back on fire about something or someone.
My friend I miss you and I hope everything works out. Take care of that aging temple (body) of yours because I will want to come back to work with someone who is actually worth working with.





Eddy is very special to me and THE Wife for a variety of reasons. We love his youthful energy and outlandish humor. We love his dedication to his job, his family, and his country. And we appreciate that this young man is fairly mature for his age, and lament that he is NOT typical of the average young American. For one thing, he actually has a work ethic, has a twisted sense of humor that illustrates his lust for life, and thirsts for genuine knowledge about the world around him, including what sort of God and Country he should be giving his allegiance to. I wish more young men were like this guy. And I am gong to have a personal bone to pick with DUBYA if this amazing young man is harmed in any way. It's not that I am not aware that shit happens in the course of life, but I AM very aware that his being over there in this particular circumstance really didn't have to happen. If he had been deployed to Afghanistan to hunt down Bin Laden, I would be rooting him on, but that's not where his life is being imperiled. If Eddy dies in Iraq........well, Eddy is NOT going to die in Iraq because we intend him not to, and after all, we are WICCA. End of discussion.

So, I have examined this whole "why I do this" reasoning for this blog and thanks to Eddy, I have had an epiphany. I am not here to compare myself, ability wise, to the likes of Don Coppens (Homo-Escapiens), Ann Johnson (of The Gods are Bored fame), or the infamous DNDB* Buffalo. They have their style, I have mine. Mine suits me just fine and that's all it need do. My blog is a chronicle of life on one square acre of Florida sand, not a novel on Opra's Best Seller list. Mine is written in "real-speak", and my particular speech patterns are not that well polished, since I do not have a job on radio. Hell, I do not HAVE a face for television OR a voice for radio, so this forum suits my talents to a T! I also have opinions that not everybody has to agree with, which is just fine, because if I DID live in a society where they HAD to agree with me, I think this would be one scary place to live. Well, let's just say SCARIER.........

As I finish up this post, the skies are darkening outside as a thunderstorm approaches. I am going to assume that this is not some dark omen due to the fact that we are due a 40% chance of thunderstorms today. Yes, this "sabbatical" of mine was short-lived, thanks to Eddy and ALL of you who suggested that I might be missed. Thank you. I will do my best to repay the kindness and encouragement you have all given me by doing what I always have since the inception of this blog.......chronicle, bitch and moan, and try to score a laugh or two while doing it.




*Damn-Near-Dead-Biker hehe

P.S. I hope you guys like the new lay-out.

6 comments:

  1. I don't come to see you every day, but I do come often, now that I know you. And now I'm going to be Working for Eddy, so you have to keep us informed! They say only about 1 in 50,000 people knows someone in Iraq, that's how they're getting this war in under the radar. Rant away! Even if no one reads it but you and the bored gods, you'll feel better, and so will they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been mulling over what I want to say in response to your decision to remain a producing denizen of blog land. That I rejected all of my original, pithy, and highly humerous ideas should make you happy.

    Glad you reconsidered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! I think I'm in love with Eddy... *grin* Too bad I'm old enough to be his mother.

    And like Anne, yes, I'll be working for Eddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got perspective in such a short amount of time and are back! Yay!!! Tell Eddy thanks for that comment, to keep his head down and come home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for caring about Eddy as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for Eddy, getting you back here. The problem I have with this 'war' is that it is the best, the brightest, the most patriotic, the ones who do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, the future leaders of our country, that are fighting it. We are losing our country's future every time one of ours dies over there. That makes me sad, and mad as hell.

    Eddy - you stay as safe as you can. Come home whole, in body and spirit. We need your kind here, not there. May the Gods & Goddesses keep you in the palm of their hands, and bring you back where you belong.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions