Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Ink and more of my foul language............

Well, I've had more than a week off due to another back injury, but I've recovered (I fervently hope) and it's back to the grind tomorrow. In the meantime, let's catch up on all the exciting things that have been happening here at Pendragon Hold, shall we?

I haven't had a cigarette in......how long now.....six months? Eight? Not sure, but one thing I do know is that there's a price to pay for giving up one vice; you gain another, which in my case so far is 15 pounds. I'm not big enough to hide much extra baggage, and it pisses me off that I have closets and drawers full of perfectly good clothing that I can't fit into anymore. I have all but given up on any kind of junk food or deserts, but that's only kept me from gaining even more. Now I have to find some sort of excuse to exert myself in an effort to burn the calories I didn't use to have to. I miss my high metabolism........sigh.


The local offspring (I'm gonna have to get rid of the "evil twin" moniker; this girl has paid her dues and has matured remarkably) finally hauled THE Wife over to the local ink-smith and got her tattooed. Here's THE Wife's backside in all it's Goddess-graced glory...........





They both keep making these "you ought to get a green-man on your arm" noises and yes, I think that would be cool if it wasn't for the fact that the process has so far been compared to something between "hot, burning knives slicing thru skin" to "being branded by a sadist". Since I am allergic to ibuprofen and PAIN, I have decided to forego the experience and suffer the pristine consequences. Stop snickering.

The offspring has had an ongoing possibility brewing with a newly rediscovered old friend of the male persuasion up in Georgia, which has kept our phone line near melt-down for weeks now, and the not-so-young object of her percolating desire pulled a no-show on her by not arriving at the bus station for a visit. The drama has taken somewhat of a toll on her emotions and I am not too happy about it myself. However, they are in the process of possibly recovering their momentum, and as for myself...well....I don't mind him eventually coming for a visit, as long as HE BRINGS THE FORTY BUCKS SHE WASTED DRIVING TO THAT DAMN BUS STATION TO GET HIM, ONLY HE WASN'T THERE! I'm easy......really I am. But gas isn't cheap anymore, and neither is my 'little girl's" emotions.

The arbor I have built remains half-painted since I screwed up my back, but hopefully we can finish it off this weekend, if we don't get rained out again. I will post pictures of the finished project as soon as the job is done.

THE Wife's BGF up in Georgia sent us some Deadwood, Season One DVD's to watch and I must admit, the inclusion of realistic, as well as colorful, language of the period sure has added to the ambiance of the production. I tend to get a tad bit "realistic" with my language at times as well, but truly I use it for emphasis rather than due to any inability to speak plain, clean, concise english. I'm sorry, my gentile readers, but referring to our fearless leader of the free world as "That fucking feeble-minded MORON" delivers a much more concise and accurate description of this man and my feelings towards him than any polite reference ever would, and I will not be altering my descriptives anytime soon.

I was just watching a World News Tonight (ABC) report concerning the the fare increases the airlines are having to charge to attempt to make up for the outrageous increase in fuel costs. SouthWest Airlines, that low cost pioneer that has always been ahead of the curve, isn't having those problems. It seems that these geniuses took out an insurance policy several years ago that locked in their cost per gallon of fuel. So, at least until this policy expires or the company that issued it goes bankrupt, they won't be gouging their passengers. Isn't that rather unusual? If you HAVE to get somewhere THAT fast, fly them......they deserve the business.

Afternoon rain used to be the norm around here for the longest time, at least around eight to ten years ago. Now the storms are back, only now they are bringing high winds and hail with them. It seems that Mother Gaia is speaking, but are we listening? In the upper midwest the corn fields and many towns are under water. You know, when you alter the weather, and pave over so much of the damn earth while filling in swamps and watersheds, what in the FUCK do you EXPECT to happen? That water used to have a thirsty earth to soak into, but now it all runs off into drain systems that can't possibly handle it all and SOMEBODY ends up treading water. Whenever we start ANY development project, we ought to stop at the first thrust of the shovel and ask ourselves what happens if we keep digging? Are we aware of all the consequences of our actions and is there some design considerations we can adopt to negate any of these consequences? Most of the development along the beaches of this country never would have happened if those questions had been asked.

OK, enough bitching and moaning for one night. This is THE Michael, and this is what I do. You guys go do what you do and do it well. Blessed BE!

6 comments:

  1. Been there done that, I hated getting fatter more than scrubbing the lungs...D'OH!
    Keep going.

    I might finally get my INK this summer...as soon as my ass is big enough to be immune to pain.
    Did you say a Wicker Man?

    Ooh the BF/GF situations with the kids are something I am really torn about..I just want them to be happy and not be taken advantage of...it's so hard to let them make their own mistakes and so easy to say I told ya so.

    I am a HUGE DEADWOOD FAN! I am crazy about that show..I can hardly believe that shows like this (nd ROME)are way er than 99% of all the Movies...and these authentic depictions of historical periods make me realise how short my life would have been back then with this big mouth.

    The airliones are going to go broke..seriously people will stop flying and run out and buy some AMTRAC stock..not kidding.

    Glad your BACK in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, sometimes I love your comments even more than the post you commented on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the tattoo more than just a little bit.

    Glad you're not getting one. Your "reason" makes me laugh.

    I started to watch Deadwood. The few episodes I watched were good - except for the language. And I have a foul mouth. I quit watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't get past the idea of the pain that goes with tattoos. I don't even like getting paper cuts.

    Sorry about the weight gain, but quitting is still the best thing for you. So hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, The Michael, back in all his ranting glory. Rave on my friend! You say it so much better than I.

    My Husband won't let me have a tattoo. Piercings he's all cool with (although I am not! They hurt too) but no tats. I'm also not sure of what I'd like on my body the rest of my life. What's a 'green man'?

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deadwood fucking rocks. Big big fan here... so wish they would do a final season...

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions