Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lazy Days and Thursdays

It's a lazy summer afternoon, I have the day off, THE Wife doesn't, and I am taking the time to attack my ever-present chores with the speed of a snail on downers. I threw the goats some hay to shut them up (goats are ALWAYS hungry, and ALWAYS vocal, so who cares what shuts them up as long as it does), checked the mail for all those INCREDIBLE offers BECAUSE I DESERVE TONS OF FREE CREDIT and MUST RUSH IN NOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HUGE, HUGE, SAVINGS and other rubbish like that which will end up in the burn barrel. The big tomato which turned reddish yesterday is redder today but not quite ready to pick. The recycle bins are full to the brim with pop bottles and wine bottles and rum bottles and all that plastic jazz which makes our world go around, so they will have to go to the curb for pick-up in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. I positioned the ladder and brushed on another coat of thin paint over the top runners of the arbor (which, thanks to the humorous word-play of Dandy Donn I might name ANN) (get it? Ann Arbor?) I unloaded the dishwasher and loaded it again and for the umpteenth time wondered how three people can generate THIS many dirty dishes in the course of a single day. I will continue to take half-hearted stabs at accomplishment throughout the day but refuse to fall victim to the "gotta-get-it-all-done-simply-so-I-can-start-all-over-gettin'-it-done again" mindset which would thoroughly ruin my easy day off.

One of my co-workers, an atheistic young dude of the nursing persuasion, bought himself a brand-new iMac and we have been trying to coordinate our times -off so that I could demonstrate to him the wonders of iChat AV, the Apple audio and video messaging program which is truly the video phone that science and industry has promised us but never delivered. We got connected today and he was indeed impressed. He has relatives in England he wants to have telepresence with who also own Macs, so I hope I am helping him make that happen.

In a strange way, my friend, being a hard core atheist, holds me in the much the same regard as his Christian associates, in that I am dumb enough to consider the existence of something like supreme intelligence as really being possible. Well, ya know, I consider HIM fortunate to be able to hold me in such regard when most Christians would love to burn BOTH of us at the stake, all in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, of course. Myself, all for the grace of the Flying Spheghetti Monster, goes him, if truth be told, so all told we get along well enough. I know I would prefer his ilk to guard my back when all the chips are down. At least I don't have to worry about him wanting to save my soul by killing me.

Summer Solstice draws near, happening this friday. This is the longest day of the year, thus the perfect time to pay homage to the Lord Sun, the ultimate expression of masculinity, the height of nature and life in general having it's way on this Earth. This day gives me the most of my personal power, that half of the equation that represents the male gender, with all of our good nature and bad. As essential to the whole that I hold my kind to be, I also realize that my gender is most responsible for the violence that plagues mankind and this planet in general. Yet, I also know that my half of the equation is responsible for strength, protection, responsibility, and SPICE. A man held RESPONSIBLE is the best thing that could happen to a woman, and vice versa. Ladies, bash us all you want, but you can't live without us, and you know it, and preen and primp accordingly, as your evolutionary biology dictates. All I ask in how you approach us is that you refuse to allow the worst of us to get away with shit and thus diminish ourselves in the glorious scheme of things. We males really do count for alot in this wonderful dance of life, we just have to take responsibility for our power and allow ourselves to enjoy the wonderful fruits of life that only our women can provide to us. So, bash us when need be, but love us equally when you can. We WILL repay the kindness.

It's a Hot, lazy day here at Pendragon Hold, and I need to slowly pay attention to some need around here..........at my own pace, of course.

5 comments:

  1. Summer soltice doesn't seem like a masculine hliday to me. The warm sultry days seem much more feminine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you please, on this or your Perfectly Proper Pagan blog, explain your rituals or moon dances or festivities you do for Summer Solstice? I am interested in your doings. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sounding more like Garrison Keillor everyday. If only you had the voice like it you could go into radio :) Good stuff, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions