Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sabbatical

Sigh........I remember those halcyon days when this blog had upwards of a dozen and sometimes more readers, fans, whatever you want to call them, they were people who came here and kept me company from afar. I don't know; maybe I did alot more ranting and raving back then and perhaps it was my mad musings that attracted them.........I would hate to think that my writing skills have devolved so much as to have cost me my readership. I never did think that my writing skills were anywhere near as attractive as those on my blogroll, but there were times when I was hailed as having had that talent. Times change, people get bored, then move on to more interesting spots on this wide, wild web of ours.........

I am not blaming anyone in particular except perhaps myself; those that were here and left I am sure had real-life reasons for not hanging around. Even those who are still with me can attend a post on a less-than-regular-basis, but reading them and seeing all the comments THEY have to deal with, well, it is an amazement they EVER have time to stop by and leave a comment. That very fact has made them very special to me. My wife, THE Wife, every God and Goddess in the Pantheon bless her, will probably never understand why I seem to NEED this forum like I do, but perhaps you, my readers and fellow bloggers, understand full well what blogging can do to someone who otherwise might be a very lonely soul, surrounded by physical beings who have no clue concerning the world you live in. I do know that people blog for a whole variety of reasons, and can easily walk away from it, while others really can't, not if they have any hope of retaining their sanity.

Well, I have inflicted MY need upon all of you remaining friends a smidgen to long, and I think it's time I put TTEM to rest for awhile. Here on the home front I face an uncertain future, what with gas prices, food prices, a recession looming, a job in jeopardy, you know, all the standard American terrors we all face at one time or another in this "great" nation of ours. I doubt that electing Obama is going to have an instant effect on the lives of any of us, since it takes so long to recover from the disasters that the Republicans aways deliver to us after one term or two, but hopefully we will eventually see a country that resembles the one that George DUBYA Bush took away from us. I can only hope. But, in the meantime, I want to rest my weary obligation that comes with maintaining a blog, and the sadness, however unjustified it might be, that I feel when I see how out-of-favor my blog has become. Perhaps I just need a recharge, to be free of the intense worry that lately has robbed me of some of my sleep, and then I can bounce back to blogging and perhaps deliver to you, my friends, the kind of blog you really can't live without. I will continue to enjoy those of you on my blogroll I have come to love and respect. Just wish me well, and perhaps send a graceful prayer, however you construct them, to whatever deity or cartoon character you are on good terms with. I am not picky.

Blessed be you all.............till then.

7 comments:

  1. A drop in readership is inevitable when someone stops writing for a time. Rebuilding takes time, effort, and regular offerings.

    For some odd reason my readership on Buffalo's Path dropped dramatically when Kat and I got married. It dropped even more when I put it on hiatus. My readership on Ruminations has never came close to what it was on Path. It also fluctuates with the regularity of posts.

    I well know how difficult it is to keep up the level of intensity. Life is full of ebbs and flows. We both did a lot of political stuff. The almost hopeless on that front gradually dampens the fires of outrage - nothing ever seems to change for the better.

    You are a good writer, Michael. I will miss you. I hope you will resume your musings. If, when, you do please let me know. I'm keeping this one on my feed so I will know if you post more hear.

    Good luck with it all, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll be right..........bugga off on all ya mates.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I was absent for a long time but I have intensely enjoyed your writing since my return.

    That said... taking a break did me a world of good. I no longer care if anyone reads my blog (except you and whitesnake, of course.) I use it as my rant and rave and me-me-me outlet.

    You are a fantastic writer and amaze me more often than not. Your sincerity and honesty are astounding.

    Please take as long as you need but please, please, please... come back when you are ready.

    Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a break but I bet it won't be along one. At least, I hope it won't be a long one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say it ain't so! I just found you. And you and yours are right up my alley. I'll keep reading yours if you post...

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Michael, I sure hope you don't go for good. I really enjoy reading you, no matter the topic. Please come back when you're ready, hopefully soon, and hopefully recharged.

    Later

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got one for you. DRINK WATER DRIVE ON!! Come on man your my only contact with the civilian side. I barely even get to talk to my family because of the seven hour time difference.
    This hell they like to call Iraq does not allow for outside newspapers, so your my only good insight into whats happening. I dont trust the news on the internet, and the Star newspaper is completely military bias.
    I understand every good writer as to take a break and recollect his thoughts. Luckily I know you well enough to know that this wont be too long, but just long enough to come back on fire about something or someone.
    My friend I miss you and I hope everything works out. Take care of that aging temple (body) of yours because I will want to come back to work with someone who is actually worth working with.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions