Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lug Nuts and Numb Nuts

Today was a day. I had a project scheduled; replacing the brake pads on THE Resident Daughters' auto-mo-go. So, of course, it wasn't that easy.

I have changed the brake pads on my own auto's for quite a long time now, and expected this one to be a piece of cake. And, it would have been, except that when I got to the right-side wheel, one of the lug nuts decided it didn't want to come off. Apparently, the numb-nuts who put on this last set of tires was pretty careless with the air-ratchet, cross-threading the nut as it went on. So, all that could be done short of a complete bolt replacement (a costly proposition) was to break it off altogether. Poor girl had that done and I finished the job, but it seems that the money I saved her doing the brake job will probably be made up by having to replace that wheel bolt. Life sucks that way.

Aside from that I had to seek out things to keep me occupied. I raked up some leaves into piles to be shredded at some future date IF I can get the old shredder to start up again. It IS getting rather long in the tooth. However, I DO have this electric leaf vacuum/shredder that isn't exactly heavy-duty, but can do the job with a little patience. I also rounded up the dust-bunnies grazing on the laminate floor and did dishes and laundry. Help me, I think I'm a house-husband.

Tonight I am preparing a gourmet meal consisting of thawed out chili. Nope, I did NOT slave all day over a hot stove........today we have microwaves and I use them to pretty damn good effect. And tonight is the debate between Sarah (Blood Thirsty Born-Again Soccer Mom) Palin, and Joe (Long Winded but Well-Meaning) Biden. If Joe doesn't wipe the floor with this ditz, he needs to go home, put a gun in his mouth, and end his miserable existence. It's time to get serious, Joe, a whole planet is at stake!

It is going to be a perfect night for a fire, but unfortunately the fire that needs to be watched tonight is the one between the two vice-presidential candidates. It starts at nine, and lasts for two hours, so there goes the night. It's times like these I wish I had a TiVo, but I don't. Hey, I have a TV, so self, shut TFU!

So, all told, things are good here at Pendragon Hold. They could be better, but they could be far worse. Life is like that. I like Life.

3 comments:

  1. Dumb question, but is that picture for real? And, I didn't watch the whole thing, but it seemed like she didn't answer a single question, except about gay marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, as insane as it sounds, what with photoshop and all, I THINK the photo is real. Don't take this as gospel truth, but considering that this chick and her family revel in their redneck existence, I would not be the least bit surprised that the photo is real as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I did some more digging and YES, the pic is photoshopped........oh well, I guess it pays to take everything you see with a grain of salt........or maybe a bag of it.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions