Friday, March 28, 2008

As the bright new GREEN erupts all over Pendragon Hold, I have been taking on some chores around the homestead, sorta getting my creaky old body back into the "doing things" mode. First, I got up on the roof and using my trusty old electric leaf blower, blew out the gutters, which were chock full of leaves. Then, I ventured gingerly into the trees nearest the house and cut out as much dead branches as I could safely reach without putting myself into more jeopardy than I already was. There is ALOT of dead wood scattered about now.

Speaking of Spring springing and the season of new things, both THE Wife and THE evil twin have reconnected with some old friends from the past. This is so weird, but one of the girls THE Wife ran around with in her much younger days also happens to be involved in Wicca, and these two are so much alike, it's scary. THE offspring ran across an old guy friend she knew in school who just happens to be living in the general vicinity and they are, shall we say, catching up. This is promising. THE Wife's old friend, being both Wiccan AND a Mac user, is someone I can already tell I'm going to get along well with.

One of my goats, one of the pygmy twins, has become a devilish little escape artist. Constantly she has managed to get through the front gate on their pen, and I know it's the front gate because I put her on a leash in order to give away the path she is taking in her "great escapes". It SEEMS that I don't have the bottom of the gate secure enough to keep her from squeezing her incredibly fat little tub body thru. So, I took the bungy cord I have been using to secure the bottom of the gate and stretching it out to the max. So far, so good.

The offspring is now paying room and board and I can't tell you how much it helps out around here, especially since her payday is on the week between ours, which helps us during that lean time before the next payday comes. It's a fair amount, a much better deal than she'd get renting any apartment around here. One day she will head back out on her own, so we are not going to get used to her rent as income, but it does help for now. We are just happy to have helped her get back on her feet.

Where ever you are, my friends, I hope that Spring is showing up and thawing out your cold, weary winter-beaten bones. I somewhat dread the coming summer, which if the trends hold true, will be even more miserable than the last, but for now, Spring is PERFECT, and I'm gonna enjoy it for all it's worth!

Blessed be!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah. Spring is coming. So is ten inches of snow. Supposed to reach us just after the witching hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly, after we got over the very strange rains we were having pre-Equinox, our Autumn is also shaping up to be perfect.

    I have no idea what this Winter will bring, though-I've given up relying on the weather service.

    Love,
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is - I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just came in from doing yard work, aching and humbled. How come it's so much harder than it used to be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about harder than it used to be! I once crawled around roofs like it was easy. Now I can't help but think how easy these old bones would snap if I fell. So that's why my roof is covered in branches and pine needles. I still love spring!

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions