Saturday, March 22, 2008

One Saturday in Spring

So what's been happ-nin' at the Hold lately, you ask? Yea, yea, I know, you DID'nt ask, but let's not get hung up on technicalities, shall we?

I think my wife's co-workers just adore her (either that or are so afraid of her they are faking it real well), because they have been heaping the love on her for her birthday at work. She's been getting cards and lunches and cakes and all sorts of attention, which, I honestly think, she deserves.

I myself ordered her a product-red iPod Shuffle with a message engraved on it, which won't get here for another few days yet, so it's going to be a late birthday surprise for her. On top of that, the evil twin and I have plotted to take her to St. Augustine tomorrow to tour the shops in search of mystical treasures. Don't none of you people tell her about this, OK?

Tonight we will be celebrating Ostara, or the Spring Equinox, that magical time when day and night are of equal length again and the Sun begins to exert it's dominance over nature, bringing everything back to life. Only nowadays we have added so much CO2 to the atmosphere that we are getting perhaps more of the Solar love than we can handle. We do plead with the God and Goddess to try and go easy on us naughty humans, but the time may have passed when nature can have any regards for us at all. WE made this bed, and WE will be made to sleep in it. That's known as consequence and we are NOT immune to it.

The full moon is also out so that will add that much more power to whatever spells we cast this night. If anybody has any requests you better get them in before nine tonight or you are gonna have to settle for whatever the DJ plays. I always like to ask the Goddess to take care of my strange and wonderful blogger friends out there, so I already do have your backs in that regard. I know it's not much, but it's the best one can do.

The hair on my head had grown out a bit, long enough to give me frightful bed-head in the mornings, and the wife shared that she really liked that short-spiky look you get with the aid of hair gel, so I let her take a stab at cutting it. I hear behind me, "Oops!", and that was the end of THAT idea. So, now, I am back to fuzzy billiard ball head, which saves alot on shampoo, and no more bed-head.

We bit the bullet and ordered up a couple of square yards of good garden soil for the terrace garden, and although it set us back almost a hundred bucks, STILL wasn't quite enough to finish out the entire garden. The second terrace is full, but there was only enough left over to fill in about a fifth of the top. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Our muscles and joints reminded us all the next day that we are old and very out of shape. But, at least we will be able to plant out the second level, and hopefully can order enough dirt next pay period to finish this puppy off.

I'm not going to talk politics this episode as I do not want to elevate my blood pressure. I have two days off and I want to enjoy them. May you all enjoy YOUR weekends as well, if you are fortunate enough to have them off.

4 comments:

  1. A Happy Birthday, hopefully not too belated, to your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best birthday wishes to your personal goddess. :) And I have felt the goodness of your spells. I swear... the last couple of days I have been the lucky recipient of some beautiful love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iPods and Equinoxes - a curious mix of the very new and the very old.

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions