Monday, March 3, 2008

What Else?

bees and bats are dying
the crops confused and diseased
what season is this anyway
Fall, winter, or spring?
you sometimes have to wonder
if the axis is tilted the same
will the ice once melted
ever freeze again?
a delicate system in balance
is now out of kilter and doomed
millions of years of evolution
turned upside down in a single century
we have such worries
murder, mayhem, and cold cruel insurgencies
jobs going south for the winter
where once the geese would fly
Now China too expensive for Walmart
the Rich are feeling the heat
and planning to train monkeys to do our jobs
I so feel their pain
My government wants to kill me
prove to me it isn't so
my pay going down, my gas going up
how long, how long?
I want to pay him back
I want alone in a room with him
THEN maybe I would take the time
to die with dignity
what else is left us
any of us?

5 comments:

  1. Not half bad, Michael.

    (Hope is more than a city in Arkansas.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you really die with dignity after revenge? I say, regardless of what your government or WalMart or whoever does, you live your life in peace and then you die with dignity. It's the best we can do. (By the way, good thing you said out of kilter instead of off kilter, 'cause I've got a copy-write on that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But revenge is a dish best served cold, is it not? As for peaceful departure, no, I shall NOT go quietly into that good night! So there, if I can't rip off YOUR copyright, then I shall damn well rob someone else of theirs!

    Oh, and you can lead a lamb to slaughter, but you can't make him blink.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kewl..
    I think that is how the kids are are still spelling it these days.

    I was watching Deepak last night, I know I know, anyway he said that we are to BE the change that we wish to see in the world.

    I know that he was paraphrasing Buddha and Gandhi but there is definitely something to be said for that prescription.

    Anyway Mother Earth has reshuffled the deck BIG TIME and brought in a new dealer (atleast 5 times that we know of) and then let somebody else sit at the table.

    When our turn is up it won't be Walmart's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good. wow... very good... more please!

    my word verification was: yjyhibfu

    i just really like the yjy... should have been why oh why... and the bfu at the end... oh i'm not gonna say it

    ReplyDelete

Opposite and Equal Reactions